Bachelor in Information Management
Data-based decisions for tough challenges.
“ Upcoming Edition ”
11 SEP 2023
Call for applications 3rd round 03 Apr – 26 May 2023
Duration 31 weeks, full-time
Format On campus
Award Incentive prize
I looked for a bachelor degree that would allow me to deepen my knowledge in the areas of management and programming, and NOVA IMS gave me exactly what I was looking for, getting to go even further in my goals and objectives. The Information Management course has spread my borders through the English classroom model, which has helped me to better understand the foreign language I was not used to, leaving me more confident to enter a more comprehensive job market.
I also mention the importance of group work, which has helped me to develop relations with colleagues, making me more comfortable in this new environment. In conclusion, NOVA IMS has a program that creates professionals for a relevant area, which is constantly growing.
Why this program?
The current evolution and expansion of technology is extremely rapid and most policies and procedures are not designed to operate at the same rate of change. Innovative and flexible approaches to supporting improved information management tools could save money and time both in their implementation and use.
Grounded in the scientific method. Backed by a quantitative foundation. And refined in the real world. NOVA IMS’s Information Management (IM) program was established to give NOVA IMS students a timeless advantage: management and practical business skills to make ideas matter and strong IT skills to thrive in the industries of the future.
The Bachelor in Information Management is home to future leaders of the IT industry. Together with your outstanding fellow students from around the world, you will learn the application of technology within the modern workplace across diverse industries. Everything on the IT Management for Business program is focused on the application of practice, enabling you to understand the real life challenges faced by industry.
With The Bachelor in Information Management I will be equipped to respond to the challenges that lie beyond digital business transformation and meet the needs of innovative employers. / I will get deep insights into managerial issues faced by technology-intensive organizations. / I will gain an all-round knowledge of computing systems and how information is derived, managed and exploited for commercial benefit. / I will benefit from a bespoke careers and employer engagement program. NOVA IMS graduates go on to work with leading companies in Portugal and internationally. / I will be able to develop an entrepreneurial mindset – seeing business challenges as opportunities – whilst linking cutting-edge technology with innovative business practices to create and capture value. / I will participate in business-focused workshops, industrial guest lectures and scenario-based challenges.
Learning by design
| Every academic program has been designed to provide clear and ambitious learning outcomes. These learning outcomes give you an understanding of what you will be able to do at the end of the course. We develop each academic program by designing modules that grow your abilities towards the learning outcomes and help you to explain what you can offer to employers. Find out more about our approach to teaching and learning.
Students who complete this degree will be able to:
- Master a set of techniques and methodologies for data collection.
- Master the tools and processes used for store, organize and access information in a business context.
- Understand the paradigms and technologies currently used in the management and dissemination of information.
- Master the methodologies as well as statistical and computational tools for information exploration and analysis in order to reduce the degree of uncertainty associated with decision making.
- Develop models for establishing information flows to improve decision support and support and business management processes.
- Identify problems related to the management of information in organizations.
- Transform data into useful and relevant information, using a language that is accessible to the various decision-making centers.
- Independently develop solutions to new problems based on insights acquired from addressing previous problems.
Who is it for?
How does Amazon work? How do you develop technology to make organisations more productive? If you’re interested in both computer science and business, this flexible degree plays to your strengths.
NOVA IMS’s Information Management (IM) program is intended for all high school finalist students who seek appropriate education in the current knowledge society enabling them to manage the analytical processes of organizations and decision support systems.
No previous technology experience is required to join the program, only a passion for harnessing innovation and creativity to improve the management of IT.
NOVA IMS is recognized by Celonis, world leader in Process Mining, as Academic Center of Excellence along with London School of Economics, Central Michigan University, Arizona State University.
NOVA IMS was and is a pioneer in converting data into value, with more than 30 years of experience and success accumulated in this area. NOVA IMS is the information management school of NOVA University Lisbon, with nationally and internationally recognized pedagogical skills in “data science and analytics” and “information systems”. Among universities founded less than 50 years ago and across most of the significant World University Rankings 2021 [Financial Times, QS, Eduniversal, U-Multirank, Times Higher Education, Leiden Ranking], NOVA University Lisbon stands in the European TOP 10.
NOVA IMS programs are internationally accredited, and several Masters and Post Graduations have been classified in positions of clear leadership by Eduniversal [the international agency that publishes annual ranking of the best Masters and MBAs in the world]: Master in information Management ranked 1st in the world, Master in Statistics and Information Management ranked 2nd in the world, Postgraduate in Information Management and Business Intelligence in Healthcare ranked 3rd in the world,
Master in Data Driven Marketing ranked 3rd in Western Europe are examples of such excellent programs to name just a few, placing it among the world leading schools of information management. NOVA IMS Master of Science in Geospatial Technologies has been selected by the European Commission as one of the most excellent Master Programs in Europe, and NOVA IMS Bachelor has the 1st Degree in Europe to be accredited in Information Systems by ABET. NOVA IMS was the 1st institution in the Iberian Peninsula to join iSchools, an international organization that brings together leading universities in research and teaching of information sciences. It is the 1st university outside the USA to achieve the GEOINT [Geospatial Intelligence] accreditation by the United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF), and is accredited member of UNIGIS, an international network of leading schools in Geographic Information Systems.
| Management Sciences
| Mathematics and Statistics
| Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Business Management
- Computation I
- Economic Analysis
- Information Systems
- Linear Algebra
- Mathematical Analysis I
- Fnoundational Aspects of Information
- Mathematical Analysis II
- Personal Development I
- Programming for Business
- Statistics and Probability Distributions
- Data Analysis
- Data Preprocessing
- Databases I
- Financial Analysis and Management Control
- Geospatial Intelligence
- Statistical Inference
- Business Intelligence
- Computational Methods for Optimization
- Econometrics I
- Machine Learning
- Nonparametric and Computational Statistics
- Survey Methodology
- Business Process Management
- Business Strategy and Digital Transformation
- Econometrics II
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Market Research
- Personal Development II
As part of the mobility program, students are encouraged to spend the last semester in another European Higher Education institution.
- Applied Economics
- Business Law
- Digital Innovation Projects
- Entrepreneurship and Project Analysis
- Forecasting Methods
- Geospatial Analytics
- Informatics and Information Law
- Information Systems Seminar
- Innovation management
- Remote Sensing
- Risk Management
- Smart and Sustainable Cities
- Web Analytics
- Web Marketing and E-business
WHERE WILL AN INFORMATION MANAGEMENT DEGREE FROM NOVA IMS TAKE ME?
Business Analyst / Business Process Manager / Expert in Decision Support Systems / Analytical Marketing Specialist / Specialist in Market Research / Expert in developing strategies for CRM / Risk Analyst / Trainee marketing manager / IT first line analyst / Finance test analyst/ IT manager / IT consultant
Nicknamed as the sexiest job of the 21st century by the American magazine Forbes, the multidisciplinary training in Information Management is adjusted to global labor market requirements. NOVA IMS graduates go on to work with leading companies in Portugal and internationally. The leadership, professional, technical and personal expertise developed during your degree will provide you with a very broad range of employment and study options when you graduate.
The shortage of professionals in Information Management is significant in Portugal, but also internationally.
With 98.9%* employability rate the most influential companies recruit NOVA IMS Information Management graduates.
* Data published in 2020 by the Infocursos Portal of the Ministry of Higher Education.
to choose NOVA IMS.
to go to Lisbon.
Ready to start
This call for applications for NOVA IMS degrees, under the International Student statute, is addressed to students who are not Portuguese nationals and are not nationals of an EU Member State.
We welcome applicants without traditional entry qualifications as we base decisions on our own assessment of qualifications, knowledge and previous work experience. We may waive formal entry requirements based on judgement of academic potential.
If you have completed your secondary education and have a diploma of entry to university studies in your country, you can apply to NOVA IMS.
If you have the equivalent of high school and your grades will be published in August 2022, you can apply to NOVA IMS.
Applicants must pass an admission examination in mathematics and show proof of proficiency in English (English is your first language or you have previously studied in English). You will be exempt from taking the English test if you have one of the following certificates: B2 in First or FCE; IELTS above 5.5; or TOEFL above 72.
Applicants must pass the interview (remotely) with the program coordinator.
- Application form duly completed; Application Form_Undergraduate Data Science programs
- Copy of personal identification document or passport, which expressly sets out the applicant’s nationality;
- Transcript of the last two years;
- Copy of diplomas/education certificates/training, namely the qualification giving access to higher education in the country of origin or equivalent qualification;
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of proficiency in English;
- Declaration, under oath, that the applicant is not covered by any of the items listed in Article 2, paragraph 2; Declaration_Under_Oath _NOVA IMS
- Certificate of residence issued by the country where the applicant currently resides.
Note: In the event of invitation to the interview, the applicant must submit/deliver the originals of the documents referred or certified copies thereof, by the control entity where the document was issued, until the registration period.
Applications for the Bachelor in Information Management must be submitted to the following email address email@example.com. Submitting the application form entails a non-refundable cost. The examination of the application begins upon receipt of payment of the application fee of 600 TND.
3rd Round Extended Call for application from April 03rd to May 26th, 2023
Once you submit your application, it undergoes an initial review by INODEV and then, in a second stage, is forwarded to the program director who will evaluate it to ensure that the program corresponds to your objectives and profile.
- Interview with INODEV academic coordinator (Face-to-face): From April 04th, 2023 to May 27th, 2023;
- Written English exam (online) – only for those who do not provide proof of English proficiency: June 02nd, 2023;
- Written Math exam (online)*: June 05th, 2023;
- Interview with the program coordinator (ZOOM): June 06th, 2023;
- Final classification and ranking of candidates;
- Deadline for Disclosure and Communication of Results: June 07th, 2023;
- Date for complaint about the application results: Date will be announced in due course; until June 14th, 2023;
- Registration and enrollment: Beginning of September 2023.
* Candidates will be provided with the topics for the written mathematics exam.
INODEV will notify you of the outcome of your application. If you are accepted, INODEV will issue your acceptance letter. From this point, your enrollment will be considered firm by both you and NOVA IMS.
We will contact you with information on pre-program preparation. Please note that INODEV will help you prepare your visa application and find accommodation according to your preferences.
- Successful candidates must complete their registration and enrollment within the specific deadlines and conditions set out in the calendar applicable to this call for applications;
- If a candidate does not register within the deadline, the following candidates on the admission list will be called in their place.
We recognize the most high-achieving students by funding annual awards that honor and celebrate their achievements. Recipients of these awards demonstrate academic excellence in course units. Recipients often go beyond expectations to distinguish themselves during the academic journey. These awards are just one way NOVA IMS encourages an environment of unparalleled academic excellence for our next generation of leaders.
Awarded annually to outstanding students who demonstrate excellent academic performance.
Join NOVA IMS’s professional alumni network
Once you complete a NOVA IMS program, you join NOVA IMS’s alumni network, an outstanding global community of talented leaders who will support you long-term.