Internship application requirements.
- Over 18 years of age
- In good standing at your home university
- 11 CGA (cumulative grade average) or better in a 20.0 scale (2.5 GPA or better on a 4.0 scale). CGAs under 11 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- At least in the second year of undergraduate study (sophomore) prior to application. (Students who have completed one year of undergraduate study may apply and will be considered on a case-by-base basis.)
- Students must be enrolled in a full-time degree program, or a graduate intending to begin their internship no more than 12 months after their graduation date (solid academic credentials related to studies or experience in desired field of placement required); graduate students enrolled in a full-time degree program may apply and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- A passport that is valid for at least six months beyond the end date of the program, with at least two blank pages is required. Foreign citizens must refer to their local consulate to learn about visa requirements and determine eligibility; INODEV advise on visa procedure and offers VisaExpress kit to ensure rapid visa delivery.
- English intermediate level. INODEV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to accept students who it believes do not have the necessary English language competency to succeed in an Internship Program, irrespective of the applicant’s score on a language proficiency exam.
- Online application. Applications may be considered after the announced deadline on a space available basis. Please note that late applicants may be required to submit a non-refundable confirmation deposit upon acceptance in order to secure a place in the program. Please contact us for details.
Submit the following documents after your Online Application is processed:
- Home university authorization. Your on-campus study abroad or academic advisor can fill out the Home university authorization. If you will not be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, or will graduate prior to the INODEV Summer Internship start date, this form is not required.
- Summer internship approval form. This form allows you to select whether you plan to enroll in the internship program for credit. Consult with your advisor on campus to understand your college/university’s requirements for earning credit for your internship.
- Cover Letter. This letter should not be addressed to INODEV. Instead, it should be targeted toward prospective internship hosts in the field in which you would like to work. Your letter will allow potential host organizations to better understand your interest, skills, and background experience.
- Placement interest form. This form will ask you about your goals and objectives for the internship placement, as well as information about how to best contact you throughout the placement process. Our internship staff will use this as a starting point for matching you with a host employer.
- Transcript(s) for each college/university you have attended since high school. If you have multiple transcripts.
- Professional letter of reference (optional). Submit a letter of reference from a previous employer or supervisor.
Additional requirements if cumulative CGA below 11
- Professor recommendation letter. Although there is no length requirement, the recommendation must indicate a professor’s opinion of the applicant’s academic ability to pursue university-level coursework in a foreign country, in addition to any information that would help INODEV gain a better understanding of the applicant.
- Personal academic essay. Although there is no length requirement, the essay must address your CGA/GPA, any particular academic challenges faced, reasons you chose this INODEV abroad program, and how it fits into your academic career.